East Side Elders’ Programs
Sometimes known as a Living at Home/Block Nurse Program, East Side Elders (formerly Dayton’s Bluff Seniors) is a community program dedicated to supporting seniors in our community to allow them to remain in their own homes. Our mission is to create a circle of care around the elders in Dayton’s Bluff, Payne-Phalen, and Conway-Battle Creek neighborhoods, empowering seniors to live safe and independent lives in their homes.
Volunteers are key to the mission and success of East Side Elders. Using volunteers from the community and throughout the Twin Cities, ESE provides a variety of supportive programming to our seniors.
- Rides – Many seniors have given up the car keys but still need to get out and about. Volunteer drivers take seniors to medical appointments, the grocery store and other destinations such a senior program or special event.
- Friendly Visitors/Callers – A friendly face can do a great deal of good for a senior who is unable to leave their home, particularly in bad weather, or doesn’t have family around to drop in to make sure all is OK. ESE volunteers can be matched with a specific senior, or can be on-call on an as-needed basis. A quick phone call is sometimes all that is needed to make sure that the senior has what they need.
- Chores and Housekeeping – Volunteers can help with everyday chores, such as laundry, vacuuming, doing the dishes, or other chores. You can also request help with yard work, snow removal, and other seasonal chores.
- Blue Bag Delivery – Volunteers delivery groceries and personal care items to seniors in need.
- Weekly Wellness Program – volunteer and licensed nurses can check your vital signs, such as blood pressure, talk to you about good nutrition or your health in general. We offer the Weekly Wellness Program for the residents at Parkway Gardens Apartments, Elders Lodge, and Wilson Hi-Rise.
- Elder Cafe – Join us for lunch and entertainment! This is an opportunity to meet new people, savor delicious food, and enjoy a variety of presenters. Visit our Elder Cafe page for details on upcoming events.
- Foot Care – Good foot health is especially important for older persons. The longer your feet stay healthy, the longer you can maintain an active lifestyle! Appointments can be made by calling East Side Elders at 651-683-2326. You can also email us at Programs@EastSideElders.org for more information. We look forward to serving you.
- Caregiver Support – Our staff will work with you to see how we can best support you in your caregiver journey. Give us a call today!
The East Side Elder’s program staff are a great resource for information about other services in the area – give us a call today at 651-683-2326.