Board Members of the Dayton’s Bluff Seniors LAH/BNP
The Dayton’s Bluff Seniors Living At Home Block Nurse Program, has existed in Dayton’s Bluff since 2008, to assist elder neighbors through a combination of volunteer, nursing and other services to help older people stay in their own homes. We are now going on our sixth year and serviced 128 seniors last year. Through wellness clinics, service coordination, and advocacy we empower seniors to live fuller lives in their homes.
The role of Dayton’s Bluff Seniors Board members is vital. Board Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintaining the program mission and purpose.
- Develop and administer policy.
- Develop personnel policies and employ Executive Director.
- Ensure adequate financial resources and effective organizational planning.
According to the bylaws of the Dayton’s Bluff Seniors Board is composed of up to 15 members selected from the following areas: The majority from community citizenry, at least one of whom shall be 65 years of age or older, one shall be a church leader, one from a health related field or social service profession, or person with business or government background.
Time commitment is several hours a month up to 1, 2, or 3 year commitments
Able to attend Board meetings in person or via phone. Meetings are currently scheduled monthly from 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. on the 2nd Friday of the month.
- Able to contribute at least five hours of volunteer time per month.
- Experience on a nonprofit governing board
- Expertise in one or more areas:
- Marketing and publicity
- Grant Writing or Donor Relations
- Medical professional
Please contact Rhonda Battisto. Phone: 651-776-7210 ext. 303 or 651-276-3712