Join the East Side Elders team! We are currently hiring for a Client Support Coordinator – we can’t wait to see your resume!
East Side Elders is a non-profit serving seniors in Dayton’s Bluff, Payne-Phalen and Conway-Battle Creek communities where we help elders remain in their home and community of choice for as long as they are able. We provide rides to medical appointments and errands, help with light housekeeping and yard work, grocery shopping and host social events. Caregiver support and education are also important components of our programming.
The Care Coordinator assists seniors by helping them identify affordable community resources to meet their specific needs.
• Provides information, referral and intervention services for seniors
• Coordinates, collaborates and consults with senior service providers
• Provides short-term case management
• Implements case plans for appropriate services and interventions
• Assists family members in learning about community resources
• Works closely with other providers and community agencies to ensure older adults are receiving the services they need to live safely in the community
• Assists clients in completing forms to determine eligibility for waiver programs, including, but not limited to, Elderly Waiver, Essential Community Supports, Medical Assistance
Ideal Candidate will be:
· Knowledgeable of community resources
· Comfortable in the role of client advocate for those unable to speak for themselves
· Skilled in problem solving and crisis management
· Able to work with seniors with varying levels of emotional, behavioral, physical disabilities or impairments
· Calm, objective and professional while working under stressful conditions
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Gerontology or closely related field, or similar experience
· 1 – 5 years’ experience providing services to seniors in a social service agency
· Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle available for business use
· Successfully pass a background check
· Must be comfortable working independently and be a self-starter
· Other duties as assigned
· This is a part-time position (20 hours per week)
· Salary: Negotiable/dependent on experience
· East Side Elders is a member of the Living at Home Network
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Info@EastSideElders.org or apply online. No phone calls please. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.